Ragging is totally prohibited in V V College of Engineering inside and outside the campus. Anyone found guilty of ragging and abetting ragging whether actively or passively or being a part of conspiracy to promote, ragging is liable to be punished in accordance with UGC Regulations 2009 as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time-being in force.
V V College of Engineering ensures that the congenial and welcoming environment is given to the freshers. To achieve this objective, following measures have been taken by the institution as per UGC Regulations 2009:
- Nominated Nodal officer for Anti-ragging committee.
- An anti-ragging committee has been formed.
- Obtained an affidavit from every student, parent/ guardian.
- A documentary was shown on Anti-ragging and created awareness among the students.
- Displayed UGC regulations and punitive measures against ragging on the main notice board in the College.
- Displayed Anti-ragging posters inside the campus. A team of Anti-ragging squads has been set up.
- A mentoring cell for anti-ragging has been formed. Appointed professional counsellors for the students.
- Conducted an orientation programme for the freshers and senior students.
- All the anti-ragging preventive measures are communicated to the students through circulars.
DETAILS OF THE NODAL OFFICER (ANTI-RAGGING)
Name: Prof.J. Sahaya Jeeva Rethnam (HOD / Civil Engineering)
Mobile No : 9486673750
E-Mail : email@example.com
ANTI - RAGGING COMMITTEE
Chairperson - Principal
Nodal Officer - HOD of Civil Department
1. HODs of all the Departments
2. Physical Directors
3. Enforcement Officer
4. Hostel Warden
5. Students Representatives
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE IN V V COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
|1||Dr.P. Melba Mary||Principal||Chairperson|
|2||Prof.J. Sahaya Jeeva Rethnam||H.O.D / Civil||Nodal Officer|
|3||Prof.I. Muthulakshmi||H.O.D / CSE||Member|
|4||Prof.Dr.V.S. Sreenivasan||H.O.D / Mech||Member|
|5||Prof.Dr.N. Nirmal Singh||H.O.D / ECE||Member|
|6||Prof.Dr.P. Rathika||H.O.D / EEE||Member|
|7||Prof.Dr.P.N. Selva Kumar||H.O.D / S&H||Member|
|8||Prof.P. Rajeswari||AP / S&H||Member|
|9||Prof.Dr.R. Rajesh||AP / S&H||Member|
|10||Mr.P. Suresh Kumar||Phy.Director||Member|
|12||Mr.T. Thangaraj||Boys Hostel Warden||Member|
|13||Mr.I. Solomon Rackiaraja||Enforcement Officer||Member|
|14||K. Rajkumar (III Mech)||Student||Member|
|15||M. Kalaivani (III ECE)||Student||Member|
|16||P. Aswini (III CSE)||Student||Member|
|17||M. Arunachala Easwaran (III EEE)||Student||Member|
|18||P. Jebaraj (II Mech)||Student||Member|
|19||S. Shunmugapriya (II ECE)||Student||Member|
|20||R. Nisha (II CSE)||Student||Member|
|21||P. Sunder Raj (II EEE)||Student||Member|
|22||R. Prabha (II Civil)||Student||Member|